COMPETITION: Get Nākd this new year!

First of all, allow me to begin my first blog post of 2013 by wishing you, dear reader, a very ‘Happy New Year!’

So, the party season is officially over (boo!) and 2013 is now upon us. Whether we believe in making resolutions or not, I’m sure the vast majority of us will have made plans to cut back and detox after the excesses of the Christmas period.

Personally, I well and truly filled my boots over what was a lovely Christmas break, but am now back to following a healthy eating regime. If you’re in a similar boat and could do with a little boast to help you get back on to a healthier track for the new year then the Jenny on a Plate blog may be able to help!

The lovely folks over at Natural Balance Foods have a box of their healthy, but also very tasty, Nākd bars to give away to one lucky reader!

Nakd bar selection up for grabs

Just a few of the healthy snacks that could be winging their way to you!

Available in a range of delicious flavours including Pecan Pie, Ginger Bread, Cashew Cookie, Cocoa Orange, plus many more, Nākd bars are healthy snacks that are dairy free, wheat free and gluten free, with no added sugar. But these snacks don’t compromise on flavour. Deliciously simple, the Nākd bars are made with dates, cashews, raisins and natural flavours. They’re suitable for vegans and vegetarians, and what’s more, most bars count towards one of your five a day, too!

Nākd bars are ideal for lunchboxes, grabbing on the go and refuelling between meals, and you could be in with a chance of winning a selection – it’s the perfect way to begin a healthy, but tasty, new year!

All you need to do to enter the competition to get your hands on some Nākd bars is:

• Subscribe to this blog (enter your email address in the field under the ‘Subscribe’ header to the top right of the screen) or ‘like’ the Jenny on a Plate Facebook page

AND

• Leave a comment below, telling us one change you’d like to make this year towards a healthier lifestyle. Don’t forget to leave an email address so I can contact you if you’re the winner!

The competition will close at midnight on Sunday, January 13, 2013 and the winner, selected at random, will be announced soon after!

Good luck!

14 Comments

1. Sophie January 3, 2013 / 6:24 pm

im going to try and limit myself to one glass of wine every couple of days rather than a couple of glasses everyday! ;o)

x

2. Char January 4, 2013 / 3:51 pm

… I’m gonna eat NAKD

• jenieveve January 5, 2013 / 10:33 am

Thanks Char! Don’t forget to subscribe to the blog or like the Facebook page to validate your entry :-)

3. Eileen January 6, 2013 / 2:12 pm

I’m retired and I spend far too much time sitting – reading, roaming the internet etc – and I’m really out of condition. This year I’m going to move more :)

• jenieveve January 7, 2013 / 10:09 am

Thanks Eileen! Don’t forget to subscribe to the blog or like the Facebook page to validate your entry :-)

4. Sophia January 8, 2013 / 1:15 pm

These look delicious and would certainly help me reach my goal of losing a stone in weight, healthily, by the end of the year ready for my wedding next year! My NY’s resolutions are to: 1) Not drink in the week 2) Try to do 3 pieces of exercise a week and 3) liquid / free / holiday food does NOT mean it’s calorie free!

5. Joanne January 8, 2013 / 2:31 pm

I love these bars! the first time I had them was on a weeks residential bootcamp 2 years ago. They were like little carrots dangling in front of us, our reward for walking across the North York moors all day! My fav was the pecan pie one.

6. Joanne January 8, 2013 / 2:32 pm

Oops forgot to say about my changes! Get out on my bike more this year. The weather was so awful last year that I just couldn’t face it

7. Monta Rosa January 9, 2013 / 3:38 pm

Ahhhh these bar’s are my favourite..I could eat about 4 a day (that’s maybe a little excessive..2 or 3!) – I’ve set myself a few aims/changes this year..the main being to run faster, climb more and cook fresh/cleanas often as possible..& love my body more along the way :) x

• jenieveve January 9, 2013 / 4:48 pm

Thanks, they are indeed delicious bars! Don’t forget to like the Facebook page or subscribe to my blog to validate your entry :-)

8. Mary January 9, 2013 / 3:52 pm

I’m eating full meals instead of a snack to substitute my meal because it then prevents pointless snacking later! :) going well so far x

• jenieveve January 9, 2013 / 4:45 pm

Thanks Mary, I think that’s a really sensible logic and something I need to do too! Don’t forget to like the Facebook page or subscribe to my blog to validate your entry :-)

9. Stuart Dunlop January 9, 2013 / 8:46 pm

Started 6 months ago to get get healthier and slimmer, and so far so good. So I want to keep going into 2013.

10. Epic Supplements January 23, 2013 / 11:05 am

Great blog and I love the nakd range. Only just found this blog so missed the competition :(